Thursday, July 18, 2013

What it's all about

Let's face it. We all have things we would love to rant about. Things that just really eat you up on the inside because you have no where to go with those thoughts.
A lot of people use Facebook for venting and that is fine, but there are just some things that I don't feel like discussing with people in my real life. Maybe I don't want or need their comments/help/whatever so I just don't post them there. People get bent out of shape way too often and I just don't like having to sensor everything I say.

Twitter is a great place, but has such a limited number of characters that good rants just surpass.

So that leaves a blog.

I am not new to the blogging world. I was a blogger back before blogging was so cool. When it was like a big family and everyone commented and we all had a good ol' time. Before "mommy bloggers" were making tons of money. Back then I don't think anyone even had ads on their blogs! Imagine that!
Things are different now, but hey, change is inevitable and for the most part, good.
I am throwing my hat back into the ring along with the hat of my significant other.
We will both be posting things on here and "admin-ing" this space.

At some point, hopefully, we will accept guest "rants" that we will post. It can be anything from how people STILL do not know how to use the self checkout at the grocery store. (Wait, that is one of mine) or  my neighbor lets their dog bark nonstop and what I am gonna do about it. General or personal, your choice.
There will be rules that will be non negotiable and we reserve the right to add more rules as we go along.
1. No slurs or insults toward any race, sexual orientation, religion or individual person.
2. No real names. (So your Aunt Betty Jones from Watertown gave everyone food poisoning with her green bean casserole, we don't need to know her name to make the rant good.)
3. Profanity should be kept to a minimum.
4. We reserve the right to not post a rant if we feel it is not following the rules.

We are on the fence about letting people comment on the rants. Maybe we will let the rant writer determine whether they want feedback/comments or not. If we do let people comment, they WILL be moderated and will not be allowed through if they are not constructive. One of my biggest rants is when people comment on anything (news stories, etc...) and they say things that are just blatantly hurtful and rude.  That's just not what I want this site to be all about. People do disagree with others and that is fine, but a polite conversation is much better than slamming someone.
Bottom line?
Play nice with other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment