Friday, August 9, 2013

Sometimes you just can't win.

If you are or were a smoker you will understand this post very well. When a person smokes it does not matter what ailment they have, it is caused by smoking. Bad back? Well, if you didn't smoke, it would get better. Ingrown toenail? Well you have poor blood circulation because you smoke and on and on and on.

I went to the doctor yesterday for a check up. We did the usual stuff and then she asked me about smoking. I told her that I hadn't smoked a real cigarette in 2 weeks, but that I have been smoking an electronic cigarette. So technically not quit altogether, but working on it.
She was all "Oh that's great! Way to go!".

And then in the next breath.....wait for it...wait for it...

She says "Well now we can work on losing weight!"





For one minute couldn't we just bask in the warm glow of the fact that after 30 freaking years I have the desire and will power to quit smoking?
No. Now every.single.farking.thing will be attributed to my weight.
I can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment