Thursday, July 25, 2013

House Hunters

I love all things HGTV. I am a sucker for watching all the fixer upper shows.
I watch a lot of House Hunters and wow, the people on there are really irritating.
People are so picky. You would think that they are Princes or Princesses when they are looking for a castle house.
I hate when they have their noses up in the air at paint color and carpet. Seriously? You are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a house and you can't afford to have someone paint the living room? Rip out some carpet and finish the hardwoods?
I have lived in some pretty darn nasty houses and once you get your own stuff in there, things look and feel so much better. Sure there are things that you want to change here and there, but if you wanted a new house you should have built one!
I don't know, maybe it is because I am getting older that houses don't mean that much to me anymore.
A home is way more important than the house.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am with you on this one. I am so sick of the little twitty princesses who pick at "Oh... I don't like the granite." "Oh, that tile looks dated." I'd kill for granite in my kitchen. And, my favorite, "I really thought we could get a lot more for $750,000.00" - oh, gee, I'm sorry that the granite counters throughout, exotic hardwood flooring throughout, and $200,000.00 custom pool with 3 rock waterfalls aren't enough for your budget. DICK.

    ReplyDelete