Friday, August 16, 2013

Accidents happen but sometimes they don't have to.




Accidents do happen. I realize that and I understand that.

But don't tell me that a small child that gets ahold of a loaded gun and shoots himself or another child is an accident. That is negligence on the adult's part that owns the gun. You feel the need to have a loaded gun in your house? Then keep it where a child cannot get it. Don't put it between the headboard and the mattress and then call it an accident when your 3 year old shoots his one year old brother. YOU need to go to jail. No ifs, ands or buts. This really makes me angry.

In a city near us a little 9 year old boy was messing around the train tracks and tried to jump on a moving train. I will wait and let that sink in a minute. He slipped and his legs went under the train severing his feet off just above the ankles. I just cannot fathom this, but it happened. Of course, I feel that a 9 year old has NO BUSINESS running around a city alone or playing near rail road tracks. What the heck people? Keep an eye on your children and the neighborhood children.

People are so worried now that they can't say something to kids that don't belong to them. Personally, I don't give a crap what anyone thinks, if I would have seen a 9 year old playing around the train tracks, I would have told him to get the heck out of there and if he didn't? Call the police. 

Stuff like this just should not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment