Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yield

I completely understand that pedestrians have the right of way when crossing the street.
However. (there is always a however, isn't there?)
When you cross a very busy street, AGAINST the light and make traffic come to a complete stop, you are taking a big chance. You are also making a lot of people angry, including me.
Today as I was driving down a busy street in the city, I saw a woman step off the curb against the light about half a block ahead of me. She was lucky that everyone saw her and didn't hit her, because frankly people get hit every day.
I slowed down and came to a complete stop in the intersection waiting for her to hurry the heck up and get across. She walked slowly and seemed to not have a care in the world. Switched her big ol' purse from one shoulder to the other. She looked over at me as I was giving her my very best stink eye telepathic message. She just raised her eyebrows and gave me the 'I really don't give a crap about anyone" look.
I turned and looked at the car next to me and caught the eye of the woman driving the SUV. She just slowly shook her head while rolling her eyes.

I have a feeling she was thinking the same thing as me. "I really want to mow her ass down, but prison is so unappealing."

No comments:

Post a Comment